On Occasion of the celebration of Liberation day of Uganda, H.E President Yoweri Museveni has presented the Highest Civilian Award to Mr. Rajesh Chaplot.
Rajesh Chaplot is an Indian Entrepreneur living in Kampala, Uganda. He is currently the CEO/GM and Director of Various Corporate entities in Printing, Packaging, IT, Real Estate, Metal & Aluminum Fabrication. Mr. Rajesh Chaplot is also holding Business advisory positions in organizations such as Indian Business Forum (Uganda), Institute of Chartered Accountants (Uganda), Private Sector Foundation, etc.
He also, plays Business Advisory role for HE The President of Uganda (PIRT).
He was also holding various social positions of various charitable organizations like Indian Association Uganda, Rajasthani Association, Miss Uganda Foundation Board, Kabbadi Federation of Uganda etc.
Some of the major accomplishments of Mr. Rajesh Chaplot includes;
- Formed & launched the Indian Business Forum in Uganda
- Spearheaded the launch of the first-ever Indian content Magazine in the National Newspaper of Uganda, New vision (Indi Vision)
- Spearheaded the celebration of Diwali festival with HE The President of Uganda at the State House since the year 2012.
- Vice-chairperson of the Organizing Committee for the visit of Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi
- Formed and launched the chapter of the Institute of the Chartered Accountants of India (Uganda)
- Part of the India Africa Summit at New Delhi with HE the President of Uganda Yoweri Kaguta Museveni.
- Founder chairperson of Jain International Trade Organization chapter in Uganda
- Undertaken various charitable/sports/cultural/education/health projects during various social positions in Kampala
He has also been recently recognized by the Government of India by awarding him with the Highest NRI award Pravasi Bharatiya Samman, 2019 by HE. The President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind.
Mr. Rajesh Chaplot has been awarded & recognized by the Highest Award of the Country where he was Born India (Janam Bhoomi) & his workplace I.e. Uganda. (Karma Bhoomi)